It´s been a very long and grey winter, but Spring has come to London and it´s beautiful when the sun is shining and everyone is outdoors!
I have spent most of the day enjoying a beautiful day by the river with some new good friends. It was a bit hard to get up at 10.30 after a night out till late.., but when I saw the sun and the beautiful day through my window I couldn´t but go out. I was in a very good mood even having to change my itinerary as London tube on weekends is almost paralyzed with engineering works! But it finally turned out to be a nice trip on the overground tube.
The river was wonderful under the sun light and people were practicing rawing and sailing. We were lucky to get a good bench under the sun, to have a properly brunch while enjoying a nice conversation. And after that we went for a long walk along the Thames, breathing fresh air, and viewing some posh houses just facing the river.
Coming back home, I was standing in the tube platform waiting for my train to come and was happy to be enjoying the city and the people so much. I was thinking how difficult is to find friends when you miss the friends that have been there for so long and now are in a different city, but finally you end up finding people with whom you have a raport and you can share nice conversations about life!
I love spring! These days remind me of the days I spent here last June and last August when I finally came to live here.
A very good friend of mine cheered me up some months ago, telling me to wait for the wonderful londonish spring. Here it is!
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario