martes, 3 de febrero de 2009

White London


People say it’s been the biggest snowfall in 20 years, here in London. Sunday afternoon I was walking down Regent’s street and the sky was so grey it envisaged a big snowfall and it fact that’s what happened. It snowed all night and when I woke up Monday morning, everything was white! It was so beautiful that I started to take pictures from my window. It took me almost an hour to get to work as you literally had to walk through the snow and I couldn’t resist myself to take beautful pictures on my way to the office.

So the city was almost paralised as transports were disrupted and people couldn’t get to work. Nevertheless that is not a problem here in London as “working from home” is completely accepted and instaured in many companies. I wonder whether in Spain such a formula would work. Anyway, here is something really appreciated and even I would say necessary due to the dimensions of the ciy, where many people have to conmute for more than an hour to get to work.
On the whole, this is work wherever you are, while travelling, from home, anywhere. And that makes me think about living and working in a globalised world, where you can be working with a provider who have people in Asia working in a project with you, so when you get to the office you find the result of the work done the previous night, their working day, while you were sleeping.

I am experiencing a different way of life, a kind of freedom. I was thinking about it when I was putting on my sport clothes to go to Pilates, and I was wearing my boots with the training trousers! I like to feel that.

It is amazing how quickly I’ve felt myself at home in London, I like the city so much..I am looking forward to enjoy the spring here! And all the new experiences that I am going to live in the coming months.

No hay comentarios: