Last weekend has been busy again. Life in London is amazing, and weekends for a foreigner are like being on holidays. Though I am starting to feel that now I am a Londoner.
There are really nice colleagues at the office that organised dinner’s at their place and I could enjoyed nice food, nice people, good music and share interesting conversations. Last Saturday I was remembering when I came last December and Rodrigo invited us to join a Christmas party. In that ocassion I was a tourist, now when people ask if I live here, I think and say yes, I am living in London and I smile.
After two nights out, I decided to enjoy shopping on Sunday morning. The city centre was not so packed as other days, people were probably having a day out in the sun. I visited several shops and bought some stuff for my little apartment ;) I am now feeling it as my new home.
Coming back from the centre I run into a group of The Salvation Army that were playing music as in a parade. They went out into Oxofrd street and headed to Oxford Circus.
I am living so near the centre that I could walk back home.
While doing my shopping I missed my sister :) and mum, I would have liked to go shopping with them. I am really looking forward to receive my family and show them every place I like.
I discovered new places on Saturday, I passed by Downing Street where tourists were trying to take pictures and I entered the Banqueting House, the only part remaining from the Palace of Whitehall. You can admire there a ceiling painted by Rubens. It was there also where Charles I was executed. Charles I was king of England during 1600 to 1625, he had many oponents as he raised many religious conflicts. After his execution, monarchy was abolised and England became a republic, The Commonwealth of England. His soon became king of England once the monarchy was restored.
Coming to the 21st century again, things at the office are going well, trying to improve and concentrate so that I can give the most. It hasn’t been long since I have started to feel comfortable at the office. Sometimes I go to the famous Costa Café to have a small latte with a colleague or I go out to enjoy a quick lunch outside the office, though this is not very common.
Today, I enjoyed a nice and funny dinner.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario